Because there's really no limit to ego gratification when you've got a spot to spout with your name on it.

Friday, September 14, 2007

I've got a pink phone!


Yes, here I am, approaching 50 in less years than I care to think about and it was time for a cell phone upgrade. What do I get? A pink RAZR. It's an older model, but then so am I. Pink!!! Ick. I've never been a lace and pearls girl. I'm even less so these days.

What's going on here?! Actually, it's an act of pure pragmatism. Hubby has a black one and we needed a different color to be able to tell them apart. Now I have to admit, I am kind of excited to have a slimmer phone and it has all kinds of new doo-dahs that the old phone didn't have.

So to get into the spirit of the thing, I decided to immediately find myself the most godawful girly type genuine Japanese schoolgirl charms to put on the new phone. I found 2 perfect ones for surprisingly little money, even with shipping. One is a shocking pink mink ball with beads hanging off, another is a Hello Kitty with japanese noodle dish. Perfect. Am I true Otaku or what? People who know me will think I've gone off my rocker.

Well, folks, that boat sailed quite a long time ago, I'm afraid. Why, just the other day, I went to pick up some prescriptions we had filled at our local supermarket and I chanced to see squeaky toys in the shape of dangerous animals on the endcap. I HAD to have them. I resisted buying all of them and settled for a shark and a lizard with that ruff thing that pops up. Hey, for $4 I can bother the people I work with endlessly. Seems like a good investment to me.

Meanwhile, if I ever lose my phone, it'll be very easy to describe and find. I might just be laughing too hard for you to understand the description though.

No comments: