Because there's really no limit to ego gratification when you've got a spot to spout with your name on it.

Friday, September 14, 2007

I love Glenda Jackson

Not in the Biblical sense. I just love the body of work she produced while acting in films. I also admire her work as an MP in England- they're lucky to have her for that too.

If you've never seen a film with Glenda Jackson, consider yourself unfortunate. She was brilliant in "Stevie" as English poet Stevie Smith (as was Mona Washbourne alongside her). You should also try to see her in "Women In Love", "The Music Lovers," "Elizabeth R", "Sunday Bloody Sunday," "Mary Queen of Scots," "A Touch of Class," "House Calls," "The Romantic Englishwoman," "The Incredible Sarah" (that's about Sarah Bernhardt, also a brilliant woman), "Hopscotch" (which was with the divine Walter Matthau, as was House Calls). Not that I have an opnion about it.

I actually checked into her voting record as an MP for the Hampstead/Highgate area, and she's just as intelligent about her voting choices and as impassioned about the issues she believes in. I doff my hat to you, madam.

No comments: