Because there's really no limit to ego gratification when you've got a spot to spout with your name on it.

Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Ebbert Redux

So what kind of world is this ? I write some personal, ahem, uh, moving pieces about those nearest and dearest to me- who cares? Nobody, that's who. I write scathing things about the failures of my local ISP- nothing.

I write about some stupid little bimbo, who works at Hooters and got thrown off a plane by an even dumber dumbass and all of a sudden, I'm all over Technorati. Oh wait, the same thing happened at NBC's Today Show- Matt Lauer had to interview the chick and her family- what bet did YOU lose, Matt? You can see the interview here.

I've never been there, but my husband went once and he described Hooters as a testosterone dream- big boobs (except in Baltimore, apparently- John Waters says there are no pretty girls in Baltimore), big screen TVs with sports on everywhere, watery, lousy beer at outrageous prices, but not as bad as strip clubs, and barely adequate typical bar food. Altogether unimaginative and overpriced. All that's missing is loud, smelly farts.

And this is where the girl works. I hope they pay a lot of money to their waitstaff. And I hope she sues the pants off of Southwest Airlines, so that they're strongly encouraged to mind their own business when it comes to what someone wears on the plane. No one would even see her skirt when she sat down. If it's like any of the airlines I've flown on, your knees are usually smashed against the seat in front of you. It's not like she was distracting the pilot so he couldn't fly the plane- most pilots are usually drunk anyway and the plane pretty much flies itself except for takeoffs and landings. So who was she bothering? Are you telling me that Keith, the flight attendant guy, was so distracted by her lack of modesty that he was afraid it would render his very important job of handing out warm Coca Colas and tiny bottles of alcohol too difficult? Next thing you know, we'll all have to wear burkas on the plane if they keep this up. Now who does that remind me of?

No comments: