Because there's really no limit to ego gratification when you've got a spot to spout with your name on it.

Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Oops!

If you're reading this blog, (and if you're not, I guess I'm not actually talking to you, so there's a bit of an existential crisis right there) you may have been interested in some of my favorite sites, lazily clicked the connection that was supposed to take you to the link I was talking about, and then nothing happened. Oops!

Fortunately for me, my technogeek husband is a genius at fixing this sort of thing, so I've got everything running smoothly once again.

I happen to be rather stubborn and like to learn how to do things without any help (read: interference) and find my own answers in my own way. It takes longer sometimes, but I enjoy doing it like that. When I bought my used car, the manual with the instructions for setting the radio stations was AWOL, so I monkeyed around, randomly pushing buttons, until my favorite stations had somehow achieved "pre-set" status. Yay! Of course, if I take the car to the mechanic and lose my pre-sets, I have to fumble around again in much the same manner to get them back, since I have no idea which set of fumblings led to success the first time. You may be comparing me to monkeys with shakespeare at this point, but that's OK with me.

Hubby, on the other hand, gets annoyed and jumps in to help me, in the process, destroying my fun. He doesn't mean to, he only wants to help.

I know there are other people like me, and I hope the rest of them know how ass-backward they are too. I just don't care.

Either way, the links have now been fixed, and the bruises will heal, but there's a mouse-shaped one on his arm and one of the coffee mugs will never be the same.

No comments: